|Radiccio-Fresh Water Shrimp Wraps with Ponzu & Fried Onion Dipping Sauce|
Effort: Easy (but you need to have patience!)
Serves: 2 (makes 4 wraps each)
8 radiccio leaves
8 freshwater shrimp with tails on (sold at most Asian grocery stores - usually in the freezer section) (See photo below)
1/4 of an 8 oz cream cheese package, chilled and cut into 8 strips
8 sprigs of Mache salad leaves
8 sprigs of watercress
1 oz Wasabi (premixed)
1 sheet of Nori (seaweed) cut into 8 strips
1/2 cup Ponzu sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Oriental fried onions
- Combine the Ponzu sauce with the lemon juice and fried onions. Refrigerate.
- Place all your ingredients in small bowls or on plates to get ready to wrap.
- Lay one radiccio leaf on a board and place one shrimp in the middle with the tail hanging out at the rounded end of the leaf.
- Place one cream cheese strio over the shrimp.
- Add a sprig of Mache salad and a sprig of watercress.
- Spread a little wasabi over the top.
- Roll up the radiccio leaf starting at one of the edges making sure it's tightly rolled.
- Quickly run a strip of Nori through warm tap water then wrap it around the middle of your roll.
- Set aside and repeat with the rest of the radiccio and ingredients.